I’m noticing
How many love songs
Talk about
Logistics
I”ll climb the highest
Mountain
I’ll walk 500 miles
I’ll swim the deepest
Ocean
I’ll travel to the ends
Of the Earth
Logistics, on paper
Does not sound
Romantic
Yet we can sure
Use it to profess
Depth of ardor
In real life
It’s not as sweet
Mountains are majestic
Stop lights and traffic are not
Seven seas are endless blue
Empty gas tanks hit different
500 miles is a hero’s journey
Is a commute just a chore?
Watching the clock on a weeknight
Hoping all the sand does not run out.
Can I adjust
To driving 35 - 40 minutes
To see this guy
Or wait for him
To see me
Will distance make
The heart grow fonder
Or will it just be a
Pain in the ass
Maybe this drive
Is worth it
A chance to decompress
In transit
Work through the hassles
Of the day
Maybe his kisses
And the dinner I made
Warm hugs
And tender smiles
Maybe they
Are streetlights
Elevation markers
And navigational buoys
Perhaps he will be
My lighthouse
And I his
The infrastructure
Must be built
Before I reroute
My heart
Right now
This is just a junction
An intersection
Schedule
To be determined
No comments:
Post a Comment