Monday, October 5, 2026

The puzzle with the missing piece

Once I needed answers 
I needed resolution

I needed the heavy 

Conversations 

Twisting, writhing 

Painful truths 

I was participating in a quest 

For making sense 

Yet I  found that …

Some things are senseless 

Sometimes a puzzle  is  

Missing pieces and so 

One simply must throw 

It away 

My warmth and patience 

Once met hurt and indifference

Kindly, and the missing cooled 

The heat of anger

“Why did you?”

Sent me outward

For understanding 

That never came 

I’m not sure when or how or why but

One day the question changed

And so did my direction 

I’m okay with finding 

My own answers 

Wrestling with 

What access to me 

Is worth 

On this new journey I found 

Freedom, without residual bitterness 

Soft heart, careful life 

Centered, safe - the hurt is gone 

No repair needed

A door that remains shut

Because I closed it 

And threw the key out

Along with that puzzle 

With too many missing pieces 

No comments: