Sunday, October 22, 2017

The greatest of these is love...

1 Corinthians 13:13  So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I was talking to someone who was surprised that I was concerned for and praying for someone who had been and is being very cruel to me.  He pointed out the things that this person is doing that are very hurtful, the amount of time this has been going on, and that he couldn't understand why I even cared about their current pain. He said the person in question - professing to be a Christian - needs to be confronted with how wrong they are, how ungodly this behavior is. I'm in a position where I cannot do that - however, there is one thing that I can do. I can love. Because of that love, I can pray.  I reminded him that "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us." We are to emulate Him - and if that means praying and worrying over the pain of this one, then so I will.


No comments: