Saturday, May 26, 2018

Oh captivate my mind

Captivating my thoughts
How to seize them? How to stop them
From overwhelming my soul?
Whatsoever is true…
You are gone, you are never coming home,
I’m alone and lost without you
He is with me, He upholds me
You are with Him
Whatever is noble
Move forward, press on toward the prize
That upward call
Noble things, doing what is good
Let my heart be full of compassion
And my eyes well up with love
But whatever is true hits…
And part of that truth is
That I am so alone without you
Whatever is pure
A child’s hand in mine
Whatever is lovely
The beauty of His creation
Whatever is admirable
Being salt and light, being used for His purposes
Whatever is true
My love is in the grave
And I do this on my own
Whether I want to or not
...I don’t, I don’t, I don’t...


But I do

No comments: