Saturday, March 28, 2020

Tick tock, time marches on

It has been 12 days since I taught my last power yoga class and the last day I had students in the classroom. We spent the rest of the week in school preparing more blizzard bags and trying to figure out what was going to be happening.  Friday we found out we'd be working from home. 

For a week now, it's been social isolation. Homeschooling my two grandsons, preparing classwork, calling students. The gyms are all closed - no classes to teach. Doing workouts on my own. I'm thanking God that several years ago we bought a couple of spinning bikes; I can still work on my Sprint coaching and hope to one day do the filming.

I'm amazed by the toilet paper hoarding. It's sparked a great number of hilarious memes, so that's something. People are going bananas hoarding stuff.  I think about what I've learned about serious events in the past and how everyone shared. Rationed. Not this culture. Hogging, hoarding.

With all of the uncertainty we find ourselves in, I think perhaps the most stressful thing is wondering what other ugliness will be revealed about our cultural condition.

No comments: