Saturday, July 22, 2023

Accessories…

This is about a problem many of us women find ourselves in. We somehow wind up in the relationships that we pour ourselves into and find we are the only ones pouring. It’s not about wanting love to drop everything, but it’s about respect and not feeling used. 


I am not a scarf

To drape around your neck 

Then the weather seems to bite

And you need to feel some warmth


I am not a hat

To tilt with a rakish nod 

When the occasion calls for  extra flare

And need to show some style 


I’m not an earring or a tie pin

A necklace or a ring

I’m not an accessory 

Meant to polish you up

Or add some interest to your life 


In the wardrobe of life

I want to be the pants 

That you won’t walk out the door without

The pajamas that snuggle you

When you are tired or feeling down

I want to be essential

So you are naked

Without me there 

Accessories are bullshit 

And I am more than bullshit 


  

No comments: