Friday, August 14, 2026

I’ve ruined you

 I’ve ruined you 

I’ve ruined you

There is a mark I left 

Which cannot be erased 

And all your comfort  

In your inability to 

See beauty 

To enjoy distraction 

Will never quite

Be the same

You’ll see a rainbow 

Remembering how I 

Forced you to watch

Until it fades 

Or think of when,  

With you complaining 

I had you find

Where one began

You’ll see a train 

Then have to think 

Of me 

Enjoying being stopped 

Ready to take a picture

To send me 

But you can’t 

Because I’m gone

The tugboats 

And the freighters

That once 

Were commonplace 

Now you want to film them

For the smile upon my face 

The rabbit holes 

We’d dive down 

Because you know 

 lived to learn 

Every moment something 

Happens 

You want to 

Share with me 

Every fact and every question

Every mystery 

Screams of how 

I’ve made you

Hungry

For curiosity 

I’ve ruined you

With eyes that wonder 

I’ve ruined you 

From enjoying

Complacency 

I’ve ruined you 

And I’m not sorry 

It’ll be a lesson 

You have learned 

No comments: