Sunday, August 23, 2026

Out of his league

 He said 

I was out of his league

What did a woman like me

See in him? 

I saw potential 

Oh, if we were in high school

A girl like you

Would never notice me

Or speak to me 

No, I spoke to everyone

Was I out of his  league? 

It turns out, yes

Yes, I was

Because I have integrity 

Values 

Intrinsic kindness 

And he is 

A bigot 

A complainer

An Olympic-level liar 

He’d ask me why

Why did I love him?

It was because I saw 

Who he could be 

But he wasn’t 

That man 

And obviously 

Did not plan to be 

I remembered then 

What Maya said 

“When someone tells 

You who they are 

Believe them “

When I saw, really 

Saw who he was 

The duplicity 

Insecurity

The anger, the hate

How people were 

Disposable to him 

Items to be used 

“Get over on them 

Before they get over on you”

He said 

Innocent, this confused me 

I don’t live in a world

With dirty rules 

That bred inconsistency

I show up

That is of value 

I love deeply 

and recognize 

accountability 

Wait… I saw 

Game over 

I took my things

Packed up my heart 

and left him

To his chaos

When it all caught up 

And snared him 

A rat in a trap

Alone 

I was, indeed

Out of his league 

No comments: