Sunday, August 7, 2016

On falling...

For today's morning yoga, I decided to to a cross training workout that hit strength, flexibility, and balance. Made me think about where I am in life, struggling to find the right mix of these things emotionally and just "life wise." Right now I'm feeling very contemplative about my mix; a bit shaky, a bit unsure - trying to be strong but allow myself to accept where I'm weak, trying to be flexible but not stupidly so, and working at staying vertical. Travis Elliot says, "You will fall in yoga, just like you will fall in life." This is true. Sometimes you will fall from your own failings, sometimes you will fall due to something outside your realm of control. Nobody likes falling. My daughter, Rhianna, shared the other day how her son, Liam, was upset by the end of the song "Rockabye Baby" where it says "and when the bough breaks the cradle will fall and down will come baby..." Not a pleasant thought, that of a baby crashing to the ground. I reminded her of how I always sang it to them "and when the bough breaks the cradle will fall, but Jesus will catch you, cradle and all." Unsafe, unexpected things happen. Boughs break. Cradles fall. But there is a Hand to steady you, to uphold you, to lift you up.

Psalm 37:23-24 The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand."

2 Corinthians 4:9
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Psalm 20:8
They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

Psalm 54:4
Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

No comments: