Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Reasons for...

~Reason for a meltdown: Filling out a paper and getting to the box "Emergency Contact Person." It was like - whoa! My emergency contact for decades is...gone.

~Reason to hesitate, choke back a tear: Entering places where he always held my hand as we approached the entrance and then held the door.

~Reason to be frustrated: My jar opener is not here. I will likely not be opening any jars.

~Reason to laugh: Why does my husband have so many weird bags in weird places filled with weird stuff? More than one "bug out" bag. Pouched tuna that expired in 2014. Clif bars that expired long before that. MY favorite water bottle that disappeared. Plus all the bug out essentials. Seems that (in many ways, I am discovering) my husband was just shy of being a Doomsday Prepper.

~Reason to be amazed: Why are there so many open jars of pickled things in my fridge??? I don't eat these.

~Reason to appreciate the innocence of children: Quinn says, "Hey, Grammy, this is your car now. Can I have that lantern in the back?"

~Reasons to hope:
My master's degree is done next month.
My new job starts next month. I've got lesson planning to do and a class of 6th graders that I can't wait to meet.
 I've got a change of workout scenery planned.
Two new babies, one hopefully in the next 24-48 hours.


Psalm 30:5b "Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning."

No comments: