Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday's Child Is Full of Grace

Layla in my arms

The beautiful Layla Amelie entered the world at 4:23am, September 28, 2008. She weighed in at 8 lbs 1.6 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Gorgeous little Layla has her mommy's fingers & toes and her daddy's ears. She's looks so much like her mommy and aunts when they were born!

The birth was incredible. Being able to be present was the most wonderful gift I have ever been given in my entire life.

Seeing Layla in her mommy's arms and that unmistakable recognition in her eyes, "This is MY mommy!" The tender look in my daughter's eyes as she cradles her newborn made me melt. Little Layla was so very alert - she *knew* her daddy's voice and was craning her neck around to search him out.

I'm so tired - although not as tired as my daughter who did all the work! - and I need to get some sleep. We're all just in awe right now. Such a miracle, such a wonder, such a blessing from God.

No comments: